What is Metaverse?
The Metaverse is a digital environment that can be Augmented Reality (AR), Virtual Reality (VR), or blockchain. It stimulates or creates a space for user interaction and experience, much like in the real world.
Examples of Metaverse on various platforms are:
- Meta (formerly Facebook) in Social Media Platforms.
- Oculus Hardware for Virtual Reality experience.
- Pokemon GO for Augmented Reality experience.
- Decentraland, the sandbox & axie infinity are examples of metaverse blockchain games.
Metaverse in Crypto Space
The metaverse in crypto-space will be the future because it breaks barriers and bridges people to have human interaction. Metaverse in crypto-space is popular because of combined Virtual Reality (VR), Augmented Reality (AR), cryptocurrencies, and NFTs. Metaverse games nowadays in crypto-space are all powered by NFTS. NFTs are non-fungible tokens that can be purchased and used to acquire ownership of digital items that are encoded into a blockchain. This means that each nft is unique and you only own that digital item.
Why is Metaverse Blockchain so popular?
Metaverse Blockchain is so popular due to the rising number of cryptocurrencies like Decentraland and Sandbox, users can earn money by playing their purchased NFTs and its nft value will rise depending on its rarity, attributes, and design. Users can also earn passive income by purchasing land, real estate, and other assets on the platform that can be leased/rented to other metaverse users.
There are numerous reasons why metaverse blockchain is popular:
- Proof of Ownership offers digital proof of ownership for assets on the metaverse platform. Your wallet and private key are yours, and they serve as proof of ownership and digital identity. The assets in your crypto wallet are yours, and there are transaction records in the ledger/blockchain.
- Transfer Value The metaverse provides a method for transferring value while maintaining user trust. In comparison to traditional games that have no value, the metaverse offers a specific currency that has real value that can be purchased in-game items in the metaverse shops.
In the metaverse, blockchain enables compatibility between different crypto spaces. Projects like Ethereum and Matic, for example, allow users to build custom blockchains that can interact with one another.
- Governance Users would be most interested in the ability to control the rules of interacting with the metaverse. Blockchain applies an ideal foundation for metaverse governance that is fair and transparent.
- The uniqueness of Collectibles NFTs helps the creation of one-of-a-kind assets, whereas blockchain technology could provide an ideal representation of physical asset ownership.
What are the Popular Metaverse Blockchain Games?
There are many popular metaverse blockchain games, but we’ll only list the top 5 of them.
Decentraland (MANA) allows users to create, experience, and monetize content and applications.
Launched in 2017 as a result of a $24 million initial coin offering (ICO). The virtual world went into closed beta in 2019 and will be available to the general public in February 2020. To obtain non-fungible ERC-721 LAND tokens, two tokens, MANA and LAND, must be burned.
Axie Infinity is a blockchain-based trading and battling game in which players own and operate a portion of the company. Axie Infinity, inspired by Pokemon and Tamagotchi, allows players to collect, breed, raise, battle, and trade Axies, which are token-based creatures. Axies have a variety of shapes and sizes, with unique body parts available, including aquatic, beast, bird, bug, plant, and reptile parts. Each of them can have any combination of body parts, making them highly variable and often rare and unique. Parts from each type class have four different rarity scales: common, rare, ultra-rare, and legendary.
The Sandbox, created by Pixowl in 2011, allows users to create, build, buy, and sell digital assets in the form of gaming. The platform’s primary goal is to facilitate a creative “play-to-earn” model that allows both creators and gamers to play at the same time. The Sandbox uses blockchain technology: SAND utility token, which facilitates platform transactions.
Theta (THETA) is a video streaming blockchain network. The mainnet is a decentralized network in which users share bandwidth and computing resources with one another on a peer-to-peer (P2P) basis. Theta with native currency token: THETA, which processes network governance tasks, and counts Google, Binance, Blockchain Ventures, Gumi, Sony Europe, and Samsung as Enterprise validators.
Enjin Coin is a project of Enjin, a company that offers a network of interconnected blockchain-based gaming products. It is a social gaming platform that allows users to create websites and clans, chat, and host virtual item stores are its flagship offering. The game developers on enjin were allowed to tokenize in-game items on the Ethereum blockchain. It backs digital assets issued through its platform with Enjin Coin, an ERC-20 token.
Where to buy Coins?
Most of the Metaverse cryptocurrencies can be purchased via Binance, Kucoin, Gateio, Bittrex, Houbi Global & Bitstamp. You may check their websites to see if the metaverse crypto-currencies you are looking for are available to be purchased and transferred in your own metamask wallet or other dapp wallets.
Is it worth it?
Most metaverse blockchain games are worthwhile if the game quality, mechanics, gameplay, and experience are excellent. Because the majority of blockchain game users are gamers, they seek the gaming experience and game updates of metaverse games.
When beginning your journey into metaverse blockchain games, please do your own research.